Questions? Check out the list below for frequently asked questions:
Environment & Care
All orders are shipped with the following materials:
- Wrapped in EcoEnclose 100% Recycled/100% Recyclable tissue paper
- Secured with 100% Jute compostable string
- 100% Recyclable FSC certified colouring in sheet / thankyou note
- EcoEnclose 100% Recycled/100% Recyclable kraft mailer bag.
- 100% Recycled Kraft shopper bags
Every time you choose to purchase pre-loved over a brand-new item, you automatically reduce your carbon footprint.
“Research by WRAP found that by extending the average life of clothes by just three months per item, from 2 years and 2 months to 2 years and 5 months, would lead to a 5–10% reduction in each of the carbon, water and waste footprints. It keeps clothes out of landfill, and prevents the production of new clothing items” - Tabitha Whiting
- Buy quality over quantity. Support local, small businesses where possible.
- Buy 1-2 sizes up and start by rolling the cuffs/sleeves up.
- Take good care of the items. Mend and repair at the first sign of wear. A stitch in time saves nine!
- Once your kid has outgrown the item: hand down to younger siblings or cousins.
- Items that are beyond resellable condition and are not suitable for donation can be turned into cleaning rags.
Refer to the individual care instructions as this will differ from item to item.
When in doubt (or if the care label has been removed), we recommend you wash on a delicate cycle in cold water and hang to dry.
Here are a few reasons why according to Circle Back’s Founder and Owner, Sharday Engel:
- I’ve worked in the fashion industry for over 10 years and understand the effect fast-fashion is having not only on our environment, but the way we’ve come to consume. Circle Back’s mission is to shift that narrative in a positive and inclusive way and to divert as much clothing from landfill as possible.
- I’m a mom of two kids. I’m living through the cycle of having your kids grow in and out of clothes at this very moment. I know what it’s like to have a giant pile of clothes your kids have outgrown (especially in those beginning days) and not having an effortless way to turn them into cash or clothes in bigger sizes. This is why I created Circle Back!
- I’m a solo female-run business who is following her dream. I hope to build a sense of community and elevate other female-run businesses around me regardless of race, nationality, religion or orientation.
- But above all… I will be transparent with you. Even if that means noting that a clothing item has stains on it - the more transparency, the better!
We get it… it’s often hard to judge the quality of a pre-loved item without seeing it in person. That’s why we’ve created a fair rating scale that details the exact quality of an item along with a small description of the imperfection.
Never Worn, With Tags = brand new, never worn
Never Worn, No Tags = brand new, never worn
Good = worn but in good condition
Fair = worn but in fair condition
Well loved = worn and could have minor pilling or minor stains
Very well loved = worn and could have considerable pilling or larger stains
We aspire to be fully transparent with the items we sell but also realistic that most of these items have lived a life before they arrive in the closet of your kids. We hope to educate our community and shift the assumption that all clothing for our kids must be pristine and new, when there are plenty of preloved items that are in excellent, wearable condition.
A great deal of time and consideration has gone into the selection and curation of our items. That means we do the digging and running around to find the gems for you. This takes time and it takes a trained eye.
We strive to create prices that are of a fair value and reflect the quality and longevity of an item. We also believe the conversation around preloved needs to shift from “second-hand = cheap” to instead talking about the environmental benefits and the joy of seeing your kids items live another life.
Circle Back endeavours to write clear descriptions, use accurate measurements and display photos of the garment to the best of our ability.
If you have any additional styling queries or item specific questions, we would be happy to chat via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you need to make an adjustment or cancel your order, please send a request to email@example.com within 1 hour of purchasing. We will contact you as soon as we receive your email to confirm your request.
Unfortunately, orders that have been shipped cannot be cancelled.
Circle Back reserves the right to cancel an order for any reason, at any time.
Orders are processed in CAD. If you are paying via PayPal, your order will be processed in USD, even if your cart is in CAD. At this time, there is no other currency accepted via PayPal.
Yes! Before checking, please note that the order is a gift in the ‘special instructions’ section of your cart (https://shop-circle-back.myshopify.com/cart).
We will ship your gift in 100% Recycled tissue paper tied up in compostable Jute string.
If you would like to add a note for your recipient you can leave it in the same ‘special instructions’ field and we will write it on your custom cards.
You can also ship a package directly to the recipient by entering their information in the shipping address when checking out.
That’s fair enough, it takes time to gain trust and we respect that online shopping doesn’t come as easy to everyone. To help build trust, we want to let you know we use Shopify to process payments and they are certified Level 1 PCI DSS compliant.
The Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) is a security standard for organizations that handle credit and debit card information. The standard was created to increase controls around payment data to reduce fraud.
For more information on security, please visit Shopify’s PCI page.
We’re in the business of selling pre-loved children’s clothes and shoes, not information. Circle Back will NEVER sell your personal information of any kind.
For more information on our shipping process, visit our Shipping page.
Returns & Exchanges
For more information on returning or exchanging your order, visit our Returns & Exchanges page.
Sell with Circle Back
For more information on selling your items to Circle Back, visit our Sell with Circle Back page.