We get it - buying the right size can be confusing! Anyone who's shopped for their kids before will know that sizes vary brand to brand. Your child might be 2Y in one brand but 3Y in another. To make things more complicated, pre-loved clothing (through wash and wear) may also stretch or shrink the item, changing its size slightly.
To make things easy, Circle Back uses the universal size chart listed below. We measure each article of clothing and list it according to this chart. This means the original clothing tag on a garment may state a size 2Y, but when we measured it up against the universal sizing chart, it's actually a size 1Y.
CB Clothing Size Chart
How to measure your child for clothing:
- Get them to stand up straight on a hard surface
- Use a measuring tape or a ribbon that you can later measure with a ruler or magnetic tape measure
- Record the below measurements in inches and compare with the chart:
- Chest: measure all the way around the chest area
- Waist: line up with the belly button and measure all the way around
- Hips: line up with the hip bone and measure all the way around
CB Footwear Size Chart
How to measure your child for footwear:
- Place a blank piece of paper on a hard flat surface and get them to stand directly on it.
- Trace their bare foot (yes this will tickle!) paying particular attention to the heel and longest point of the toes.
- Use a measuring tape or ruler to measure the length in inches from toes to heel and compare with the chart.
The golden rule: when in doubt, size up!
Please keep in mind that these measurements are only a guide to help make shopping for your child as easy as possible. Children come in all different heights, shapes and sizes and these charts are only put forward as a starting reference.